- Aguilar, E. (2020, May 14). What are resistant teachers hiding? Bright morning: Every conversation counts.
- In this blog, Aguilar discusses the emotions at the heart of what appears to be resistance and ideas for encountering that resistance
- Hoffman, A. (2020, April 23). The instructional playbook webinar. Instructional Coaching Group.
- This helpful post includes helpful descriptions and tips for using checklists with educators, as well as a free webinar examining this practice and its results.
- Hurtado, F. (2018, July 10). The loneliness of coaching. The Launch Pad.
- When a coaching role seems isolating, consider the steps discussed in this post.
- Kraft, M.A., Blazar, D., Hogan, D. (2018, August). The effect of teaching coaching on instruction and achievement: A meta-analysis of the causal evidence. Review of Educational Research. 88(4), 547-588.
- Aguilar, E. The art of coaching: Effective strategies for school transformation. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Aguilar, E. (2018).Onward: Cultivating emotional resilience in educators. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Rock, M. (2019) The eCoaching continuum for educators: Using technology to enrich professional development and improve student outcomes. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Hints and how-tos for using technology for professional development and coaching.
- Stavros, J. & Torres, C. (2018). Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement. Oakland, CA: Berrett Koehler Publishers.
- Tschannen-Moran, B. & Tschannen-Moran, M. (2010). Evocative Coaching: Transforming schools one conversation at a time. SanFrancisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Calling all Coaches April 2019 "Can a Principal be a Coach?"
- Callling all Coaches May 2019 "All About Trust"
- Calling all Coaches June 2019 "Influence & Outcomes"
- Calling all Coaches July 2019 "Setting a Goal"
- Calling all Coaches August 2019 "Have you thought about this?"
- Calling all Coaches September 2019 "Which one will you choose?"
- Calling all Coaches October 2019 "Hey! That happened to me too!"
- Calling all Coaches November 2019 "Have you seen this?"
- Calling all Coaches December 2019 "Does this ever happen to you?"
- Calling all Coaches January 2020 "Should you be a LAZY coach?"
- Calling all Coaches February 2020 "Can conflict result in growth?
- Calling all Coaches March 2020 "Questions, questions, questions"
- Calling all Coaches April 2020 "eCoaching? What's that?"
- Calling all Coaches May 2020 "Step-by-Step: A Closer Look"
- Calling all Coaches June 2020 "Step Two"
Advanced Coaching Applications - Review of Steps in Coaching Conversations
- Reproducible worksheet that identifies steps in coaching conversations, descriptions and considerations for each, and a space for including questions
Coaching 101 Information Sheet
- This one page fact sheet highlights the elements of professional coaching.
- Use this one page sheet to record notes during coaching conversations.
- Review your role in professional conversations and use the information to set goals in your coaching skills.
Bright Morning: Every Conversation Counts
- Dozens of tools for individual and team coaching as well as informative blogs are just a couple of reasons to visit this site and sign up for the newsletter
Center for Appreciative Inquiry
- At first glance, this site offers information about Appreciative Inquiry (AI) trainings and workshops. Look a little deeper to find articles, ideas and a list of other websites based on the AI model.
Center for School Transformation: Enriching Conversations & Inspiring Change
- Resources include graphic tools, articles & handouts
Instructional Coaching Group
- Books, blogs, video presentations and an ever-increasing number of tools to support coaching that leads to professional growth
- This ESSDACK site provides links to professional growth via social media, virtual and in-person trainings for teams and individuals
National Center on Intensive Intervention: Trainers & Coaches Page
- Modules, guides and resources that provide support for coaching educators
National Equity Project
- Thought-provoking articles and research on achieving equity with resources on communication, conversations, and listening.
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Coaching
- An overview video and self-reflection assessment that helps target skills for growth are among the resources on this website