Resources regarding transition assessments to support students with autism and developmental disabilities.
- ARC Self-Determination Scale
Community Based Functional Skills Assessment for Transition Aged Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- From Autism Speaks and the Virginia Commonwealth University's Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, this assessment targets eight functional skill areas.
- Essential for Living: Functional Life Skills for Students with Limited Reportoires and Problem Behavior
Independent Living Postsecondary Goal IEP Team Decision Assistance Form
- This tool is to be used to assist an IEP team in determing whether a student needs a postsecondary goal in the area of independent living. Developed by Amy Gaumer-Erickson for the Transition Coalition.
- Inventory of Entrepreneurial Interests
- LIfe Skills Assessment
- My Next Move
Ohio's Employability/Life Skills Assessment
- This tool is a criterion-referenced checklist designed to be used annually with students ages 14-21 to assess the student’s level of performance in the twenty-four critical employability skill areas identified by Ohio’s Employability Skills Project. Includes a parent checklist
- O*Net Interest Profiler
PICS (Picture Interest Career Survey)
- The Picture Interest Career Survey (PICS) is a way for individuals with limited reading ability or special needs to explore their career interests and find a job that fits. Instead of using text-based items, PICS uses pictures to help individuals identify their occupational interests.
Rubrics for Transition III: For Students on the Autism Spectrum
- 63 research-based transition skills are included in 4 main categories: Verbal and Nonverbal Communication, Social Interaction, Restrictive – Repetitive Patterns of Behavior, and Miscellaneous. Manual contains a transition needs survey, rubric that defines each skill, and multi-year tracking form
Secondary School Success Checklist
- The Secondary School Success Checklist is an evaluation of student skills in the areas of independence, behavior, academic skills, transition, emotions, problem-solving, and flexibility.
- TAGG (Transition Assessment and Goal Generator): This online transition assessment for secondary aged youth with disabilities is from the Zarrow Center for Learning Enrichment at the University of Oklahoma. See the overview of the TAGG here.
- TEACCH Transition Assessment Profile (TTAP)
- Transition Assessments for Youth with Significant Disabilities
- Transition Health Care Checklist
- Assessment Guide from the Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence disabilities
- Assessment Reviews
- Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and Career Development Challenges
- Creating a Profile of Discovery
- Indiana Secondary Transition Assessment Matrix
Ohio Age Appropriate Transition Assessment Library
- This library contains links to assessments in the areas of post secondary goals, employment, college to career, and health/medical.
- Transition Assessment Planning Form
- Transition Assessment Planning Form for Students with Significant Disabilities
- Transition Assessment Reviews (Transition Coalition)
- Transition Assessment: The BIG Picture (Transition Coalition module)
Tri-State Webinar: Programming for Middle and High School: Part 1 of 4 Assessment and Curriculum Guides for Secondary Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- This webinar provides information on using assessment and curriculum guides to determine priorities in instruction as well as information on using task analysis and age-appropriate visual supports with older students.
- Zarrow Center Resources: Includes presentations and other materials regarding transition assessments, self-determination, and more.