Resources to support family engagement within transition planning for students with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Help Your Student Transition to College
- Skills for Independent Living: Parents Help Build Social Skills
- Virginia Parents' Tips on Transition Planning
- Why Parent Engagement is Important to Student Success
- Included with the End in Mind: Integrating Efforts to Improve Outcomes for Youth with Disabilities
- Parents and Families of Students with Special Needs: Collaborating Across the Age Span
- Accessing Community Supports and Adult Services: Helpful Tips to Access & Navigate Systems
- Assistive Technology for Kansans
- Autism-at-a-Glance: Supporting Independence in Daily Living Skills
- Autism Speaks Transition Tool Kit
Family Information Guide to Assistive Technology and Transition Planning
- Transition planning is always the key to effective transitions; this guide explores information specific to individuals using assistive technology. Free & downloadable.
- Fostering Self-Determination Among Children & Youth with Disabilities
- A Guide to Preparing Your Child with a Disability for Life Beyond High School
Life Course Tools
- Free, downloadable tools that support the rights of families and individuals accessing rights to live, love, work, play and pursue their life aspirations in their community.
- National Parent Center on Transition and Employment
- Parent and Family Involvement Annotated Bibliography
- Supporting the Transition to Adulthood (The Center on Secondary Education for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Supports, Modifications, and Accommodations for Students
- Transitioning from Adolescence: Alternatives to Guardianship (video)
- Transition Survey
- Beach Center on Families and Disability
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
- College Support Programs for Students with Autism
- Families Together
National Parent Center on Transition and Employment
- Parent tips for supporting success in high school and beyond.
- PACER Center's National Parent Center on Transition and Employment
- Parents Helping Parents
- Transition Coalition