1. Do not allow error response to contact reinforcement
2. Decide on transfer trial procedure
3. Contrast error response with a discrimination trial
4. Consider student’s probability of engaging in problem behavior.
5. Use of differential reinforcement for better responding.
Use this visual support to help a student answer the question: 'Are you ready?' There is an option for the student to answer YES or NO. IF they are not ready, there is a visual component that allows them to continue what they were doing for one more minute.
Skill: Ready/Not Ready