The Kansas Parent Information Resource Center (KPIRC) promotes meaningful family engagement at all levels of education and provides information and resources to help parents, educators and other organizations promote the educational success of every Kansas child.
What We Do
KPIRC supports Kansas schools by:
- Developing resources to promote family-school-community partnerships
- Offering professional learning to educators to engage families in their children’s learning
- Providing technical assistance to educators on the development of family friendly policies and programs
KPIRC supports Kansas families by:
- Developing resources for families to support their children’s learning at home
- Building the capacity of parents to become involved in their children’s education
- Developing parent advocacy and leadership skills
- Ensuring that families receive literacy training and resources to support their children’s academic achievement
KPIRC supports Kansas communities by:
- Networking with community organizations to support family engagement in education
- Supporting early learning programs to promote school readiness
Who We Are
Kansas Families and Schools Together, Inc., KFAST, a non-profit agency was established in 2006 as the Kansas Parent Information Resource Center (KPIRC). Currently KPIRC is providing family engagement support to districts through a contract awarded by the Kansas State Department Education Special Education and Title Services as part of TASN.