Video / Webinar / Podcast
Family / Community, Administrators, Related Services / Support Staff, Educators
TASN Autism and Tertiary Behavior Supports (ATBS)
Many of our kids struggle with executive functioning while receiving all of the structure and supports of school. What happens to kids when those structures and supports are no longer available in online learning? How can we help our students who are struggling? We will discuss ways to use your online educational platforms to your advantage and go all the way back to the basics of Executive Functioning to help get, and keep, your students engaged.
- Participants will understand the extra executive functioning challenges in online learning.
- Participants will problem-solve around how to make a tool for fun into a tool for online learning.
- Participants will be able to make some small changes in virtual teaching to get better effects.
Laura Gutermuth Anthony is a child psychologist at the Children's Hospital Colorado in the Pediatric Mental Health Institute and an Associate Professor at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. Her work focuses on children with mental health and neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families, authoring or co-authoring over 50 publications while receiving over 20 research grants. She is also a co-author of the Unstuck and On Target! suite of executive functioning interventions and resources.
Certificate of Completion:
To earn a Certificate of Completion/Attendance for an archived Tri-State Webinar:
- View the archived webinar on our Moodle site
- Submit responses to the Study Questions (on Moodle)
- A Certificate of Completion will automatically be populated. Download and/or print.
Click here for instructions on how to create a Moodle Account.
To log into Moodle go to http://moodle.tasnatbs.org.
The webinars are listed by category and alphabetical order. The category for this webinar is Instructional Strategies.