Join Kansas educators working in transition teams to collaborate and demonstrate understanding and implementation of the components of high quality transition program & services that support postsecondary outcomes. All members of transition teams are encouraged to attend – elementary, middle, high school and postsecondary teachers, transition specialists and coordinators, administrators, parents, related service providers, and paraprofessional staff.
Topics include assessment, student-directed planning, family engagement, academic content, employment and career development, independent living and inclusion in the community.
During this professional development opportunity, participants are required to complete all of the following components --
1. Participate in a monthly hour-long study session using a virtual platform on the first Thursday of each month from September through April at 8:00-9:00 AM OR 4:00-5:00 PM. We ask that you commit to either AM or PM and then if something unplanned comes up, you will have the flexibility to attend the other session that day.
Required monthly session dates:
2. Participate in two virtual training days (January 17 & 18 from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM) where participants will collaborate and reflect regarding implementation and outcomes
3. Read monthly assignments from Morningstar & Clavenna-Deane (2018) Your Complete Guide to Transition Planning & Services (Note: book will be provided by TASN ATBS)
4. Communicate virtually or via email each month with a TASN ATBS coach to facilitate classroom implementation
5. Complete monthly implementation assignments and share results and reflection relating to implementation during the required monthly virtual session
6. Document outcomes of transition planning and programming as it relates to a student or group of students
Thank you for your interest in our training. Please be aware that TASN ATBS developed this training to maximize active participation and designed it to provide meaningful professional development to you and the other participants. To support you in optimizing the benefits of participating, we ask that you:
We recognize that stepping away from your daily duties is a huge challenge. We hope that the training you are attending will provide you with knowledge, skills, and resources to serve your students better. Thank you for actively engaging in the learning process.
Participants will –
Identify, study, and discuss the skills, tips, strategies and evidence-based practices to support students in achieving positive post-school outcomes
Implement specific strategies with targeted student, teachers, and/or family members
Collaborate with other participants to share resources, outcomes and reflections related to transition practices
Understand the importance of preparing for community living
Complete post assessment
Reflect on professional development growth
Registration may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the event for a full refund. Cancellations received within 14 days of the event will not be refunded. No-show registrations will also not be refunded.