The prevalence of Adverse Childhood Experiences, and the extent to which they impact child/youth development and the adults who support them, has prompted the need for school communities to move beyond trauma “informed” to “trauma-responsive”. However, few professional development opportunities go beyond information about trauma and ideology. The Trauma-Responsive School Community: Facilitation Workshop provides training and ongoing coaching for facilitators interested in systemically implementing a trauma-responsive school community. Participants walk away with full access to engaging instructional tools and resources, listed below, as well as support to apply a structured process to develop goals and monitor implementation at all levels.
- Content for independent learning in Moodle Learning Management System
- Content for group facilitation in Slide Deck with Facilitation Guide
- Hands on activities, scenarios, examples, and assessments to support engagement and discussion
- Individual application and facilitated discussion prompts for implementation and goal setting
- 8:30 Check in
- 9:00 Begin
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch (on your own)
- 3:00 End
- Please indicate in "Accommodations" if you will need a lactation room.
- TASN SMHI may take photographs, videos, and recordings of activities and participants during training, meetings, and conferences. These items will be used to positively recognize the work of participants and promote learning. They may be shared via social media pages, the TASN SMHI webpage, conference materials, and TASN SMHI promotional materials. The utilization of photographs, videos, or recordings taken by TASN SMHI will abide by all state and federal laws regarding confidentiality and will not be used for any commercial value or monetary gain. By receipt of this email or registering to attend an event, participants agree to have photographs, videos, or recordings utilized, without remuneration, unless this permission is revoked in writing to the TASN SMHI.
- Continuing Education: TASN SMHI is an approved provider for the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (#18-011). Following the onsite training, those licensed through BSRB may receive 5 continuing education credits, all other professionals may receive certificates of attendance, available to download upon completion of a brief evaluation.
- Identify professional development resources for systemic implementation of a trauma-responsive school community.
- Describe how to facilitate discussion, goal setting, and monitoring outcomes at any level – team, building, district, agency, and/or community.
- Develop a plan to implement a trauma-responsive school community in your role.
Registration may be cancelled up to 14 days prior to the event for a full refund. Cancellations received within 14 days of the event will not be refunded. No-show registrations will also not be refunded.
DATE & TIME
January 24, 2024 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
at 8:30 AM
Kansas State University Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus
2310 Centennial Road, Salina, KS 67401
Meet In Person
5.0 Professional Learning Contact Hours
TASN School Mental Health Initiative
Amy Wells, Christin Sheldon, Laura Hattrup