The benefits of being an eMSS mentor include:
- Online mentor professional development.
- eMSS program stipend.
- A network of other mentors and new teachers.
Mentors are recruited as needed for both special and career and technical education. Applications are not currently being accepted. Contact us by email to be notified of when we will accept applications. Mentor recruitment occurs each May as those interested must complete a three week Beginning Mentor Institute that is offered online and asynchronously during the summer. The BMI requires 5-10 hours per week to complete. To be considered, mentors must have at least five years of experience and demonstrate evidence of high quality teaching.
Expectations for eMSS Mentors include:
- Complete a three week online mentoring institute either as a beginning or returning mentor each summer.
- Participate daily in the eMSS online collaborative learning environment (3-4 hours per week).
- Support 5-7 mentees and coach them through the curriculum in the eMSS online collaborative learning environment.
- Interact and collaborate with other Our Place mentors.
- Participate in online mentor professional development.